Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Detroit
- Model: 16V92TI
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,450hp
- Engine Hours: 1582
- Make: Detroit
- Model: 16V92TI
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,450hp
- Engine Hours: 1550
ENCORE completed Platinum Marine’s Transformational refit program and presents extraordinarily well with a new interior. The Transformational refit program offers the revitalization and customization of high quality vessels that are structurally sound and have many years of safe and reliable service ahead. Crescent Custom Yachts originally built ENCORE to Bureau Veritas (BV) class standards, using a proven Westport hull design. Building on this foundation, Platinum Marine made the following major improvements:
- New tri-deck styling and structure with elevated pilothouse, skylounge and sun deck resulting in more interior space and more functional exterior deck space.
- Improved hull and superstructure styling makes the profile and deck design current, functional, and attractive.
- New pilothouse with reverse sheer windows and Portuguese bridge design, featuring state of the art navigational and communication electronics as well as new wing station capability. Visibility and control are excellent under all conditions.
- Brand new custom built, designer-styled interior with new woodwork, new soft goods, new galley and galley equipment, state of the art entertainment electronics, LED lighting throughout, electronic shades, and new Durante furnishings.
- Complete Alexseal paint job
- Replacement or upgrading of ALL onboard systems and equipment, including new Hamann waste treatment and make-up air conditioning systems.
- Addition of bulbous bow and raised bulwarks for improved seakeeping as well as enlarged swim platform for better water access.
In making the above major improvements, every single system and piece of equipment on the yacht was thoroughly assessed and either replaced or updated to put ENCORE in turnkey condition. The following walk-through elaborates on the details of the refit.
Starting with the expansive swim platform it can be seen that this yacht has been prepared for all levels of water sports and careful consideration to boarding from a tender has been taken into account. All decks are finished using Marine Deck’s cork as a substitute for teak in order to drastically cut down on maintenance, costs, and manpower. A large watertight Freeman hatch provides access to the spacious storage in the lazarette underneath the swim platform.
Dual port and starboard stairways provide access to the aft deck which features undercover, custom molded dinette seating, customer inlaid wood dining table, fully retractable entertainment system and highly polished stainless railings and deck fittings. Overhead LED lighting and speakers makes this a very pleasant area to enjoy a meal or simply relax.
Staying on the exterior, a starboard staircase provides ready access to the boat deck above where the 15’ Novurania (90hp Yamaha 4 stroke) and Honda AquaTrax PWC are stored. Launching is easily handled with the fully renovated Nautical Structures hydraulic davit. For larger entertaining functions, the tender chocks are quickly removed from the stainless inserts leaving a clean, flush deck.
Continuing up the starboard side stairwell to the sundeck, you will find a built in 8 person Hydrojet Spa-tub offering fantastic 360° views while remaining protected from the sun via the large custom hardtop. A comfortable padded rattan sectional provides a sociable setting for meals, drinks, or just relaxing in the shade. Also on the top deck you find a large barbeque, refrigerator and sink hosted in a useable cabinet/counter that allows for meal and/or drink preparation. For sun worshipers, additional rattan pods provide various configurations for relaxing or socializing in the sun on the aft portion of this uppermost deck.
Moving inside after returning to the aft deck, the full beam salon gives the immediate impression of a brand new boat. With a creative combination of dark oak paneling and light wool carpets “warmed” with a 50” Synergy digital fireplace, Platinum has created a cozy environment that pleases all senses. Once the large entertainment system is summoned via remote, the salon has access to many forms of entertainment or web browsing. There is also a small workstation area to port for occasional access to emails or the web when necessary. The forward section of the salon incorporates a large 8-person table for formal dining and features the commissioned custom artwork of Christine Breakell-Lee. Custom furniture by Durante using only the finest textiles, down, and memory foam are featured throughout the yacht.
Moving forward along the starboard companionway toward the galley is a day head and access by stair to the bridge and sky lounge. At this point, the interior transitions into a classic New England styled country kitchen with a central island and copious casual seating. There is also a cozy booth option for enjoying casual dining. Galley millwork is finished in classic white that contrasts well with the warmth of the dark hardwood flooring. Cesar stone countertops, a full entertainments system and world-class appliances make this room one of the best in any yacht, featuring brands such as Viking, Subzero, and Miele.
Forward of the galley (below deck) is the large VIP stateroom. This extra roomy cabin boasts a unique ensuite bath with shower, a walk in closet, and full entertainment system all of which combine to provide a very nice room for special guests.
By returning to the salon, we can proceed towards the master and 2 additional guest staterooms through the port companionway. In this hallway is a door leading to a large staff technical space that is very well finished and hosts all of the low voltage systems like the audio visual, wi-fi, satellite controls, FT NavVision, monitoring and many more pertinent components of the ships systems. This is an excellent staging area for any number of projects and provides easy access to all the aforementioned systems.
Further forward along the port companionway, you find a stairwell to the lower foyer which a beautiful entry area that separates the master from the guest staterooms and provides access to the guest laundry. A large separate room on the starboard side holds the Miele guest washer and dryer, additional storage, and a functional work vanity for the cleaning duties.
Forward of the foyer, the master stateroom is in the quietest, calmest part of the yacht: low and centered amidships. Inside you find a king sized bed, his and her closets, copious drawer storage, and a comfortable settee. The his-and-hers bathroom arrangement is beautifully appointed with marble counters and accents as well as modern fixtures. Again a full entertainment system compliments the amenities.
The aft side of the lower foyer allows access to the two remaining guest cabins. The starboard cabin has a queen size memory foam mattress while the port features two large memory foam singles berths that can be joined as a large queen sized berth. Both rooms enjoy spacious ensuite bathrooms incorporating stone counters/floors/walls. Entertainment systems, storage and heated bathroom floors round out the features.
The last guest area of the boat to explore is up two decks where we find the newly constructed skylounge and pilothouse. This space is an excellent example of how to maximize the aesthetic and functionality for both guests and crew. With a state of the art pilothouse, the Captain has incredible visibility through reverse sheer windows and a near-360 degrees line of site. Through 3 flat panel screens, the crew can access a wide array of ship’s information related to every system on the boat while simultaneously monitoring CCTV, the navigation software, and radars. The bridge’s clean look and easy access to information belies the complicated host of systems and information being controlled and accessed by the captain. Within a few steps outside of each wing door, the captain can set up the mobile wing station for easy dockage from a vantage point of perfect visibility for the length of the yacht. Stidd chairs and a custom settee provide seating for crew and guests to relax and/or observe the action.
Separating the skylounge from the bridge is full wet bar for guest service. The skylounge’s large windows allow for fantastic sightseeing, and again this area is equipped with the latest lighting and A/V equipment to meet guests’ needs and expectations. A large 64” LCD screen is perfect for watching a movie while sitting in the comfortable array of Durante furniture. Another 50” Synergy digital fireplace is incorporated under the TV.
The entire boat features automated remote controlled roller shades, state of the art entertainment, and a make-up air system that provides fresh air throughout. Again, there is not a system, feature, or piece of equipment that has not been renewed or replaced on ENCORE. She is readily available for inspection by appointment for qualified buyers.
Click on link for virtual tour: http://vt.prestigevision.com/platinum-marine/ma1313/embed.html
Main Galley Equipment
- Viking Professional “Magnequick” Stainless Steel Induction/Convection self cleaning range
- Viking Professional Stainless steel sound dampened overhead range fan
- SubZero Stainless Steel dual standalone 27” Fridge and 27” Freezer with internal ice maker
- Miele “Futura Dimension” Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Kitchen Aid Stainless Steel Trash Compactor
- Omnipure 4 Stage potable water filtration
- Insink-erator food waste macerator
- Grohe Stainless steel faucets
- Fluid Dual Stainless sink
- Panasonic built in microwave
Guest Laundry Equipment
- Miele W3033 Touchtronic Water Control System Washer
- Miele T8003 Dryer
Crew Galley/Laundry Equipment
- Whirlpool front load washer and dryer
- Danby Designer Refrigerator/Freezer
- KitchenAid electric 2 burner stovetop
- LG Stainless steel microwave
In the aft section of the vessel are 2 crew staterooms and a large crew head that has also been completely renovated to today’s standard. Many of the same finishing details and items have found their way into the crew area, such as granite, tile, entertainment systems, millwork, memory foam, Grohe fixtures. A comfortable crew mess provides crew with a private area to relax, eat, and watch TV when not attending to guest or vessel duties.
A nice feature in the yacht is the control room just aft of the engine room which provides air conditioned access to many of the ship’s systems and controls. This area also has tool and parts storage with a well-lit stainless steel work bench.
ENCORE has been fitted with FT NavVision, an integrated navigation and vessel monitoring system which combines ARPA, Radar, Electronic Charts, Conning and automatic steering control. System has multiple redundancy with 3 different navigation suites as well as 2 radars. An additional 20” display is mounted in the control room to monitor ship’s systems from the engine room and crew area. The yacht has been fully networked with a NMEA 2000 backbone allowing for future expansion and customization. All FT NavVision data is available for reviewing through the iPAD application, onboard TV’s and through a Wi-Fi system. Equipment list is as follows:
- FT NavVision Conning and Electronic Chart system utilizing C-Map digital charts
- 2 FT NavVision windows embedded processors in a redundant network utilizing WAGO input/output connections.
- Furuno blackbox system with Furuno 3rd Nav back up
- Navigation PC with Furuno TimeZero software
- Furuno 12kw digital radar with 6' open array
- 4 CCTV cameras connected through Axis IP video server.
- Airmar PV150 Weather Station/GPS
- GRC backup GPS
- Comnav combination GPS/AIS Voyager X2
- KVH M5 TVRO system
- Intellian V60 VSAT system
- ACR RCL 600A 6 million candela power remote control searchlight with xenon bulb
- Airmar DST 800 smart transducer 233khz networked with FT NavVision
- GEM 4kw digital radar in 18” radome
- ICOM M602 VHF with Command Microphone
- Garmin GPSMap 4008 (backup) with GSD24 black box depth sounder available for viewing throughout vessel on televisions.
- All tank levels and alarms monitored digitally
- DDEC engine monitoring digitally integrated into Ft NavVision network
- All bilge alarms, pump status and flow monitoring digitally integrated into FT NavVision network
- Portable wing station controls with Garmin GMI-10 graphical display with digital engine monitoring
- Kobelt rudder indicator
- ZF Smartcommand digital engine controls at main helm and wing station
- Main ship’s power: 120/240 VAC using 60Hz. 24 VDC / 12 VDC battery power also used as needed.
- Shore power boosters available for 208V shore power or low voltage situations.
- 75 kw Northern Lights generator - Port M6414D 12,723 hrs (Jan 2022) – custom sound shield
- 60 kw Northern Lights generator - Starboard M4276T 10,848 hrs (Jan 2022) - custom sound shield
- Batteries – 2 house banks of 4 X 8D AGM, 2 Main engine start battery banks of 2 X 8D AGM, Generator start battery bank of 2 x 8D AGM and 1 x 8D AGM emergency radio battery.
- Digital Engine room gauges, digital remote monitoring
- LED Navigation lights
- Imtra LED Ventura and Portland fully dimming down-lights with Vimar switches.
Using a proven Westport hull designed by Jack Sarin that was originally constructed to BV standards, this particular hull benefits from a more robust stringer and frame arrangement, making the hull stronger and less prone to flexing in rough sea conditions. Paul Frederickson, one of Sarin’s naval architects at the time of development, was used as the naval architect for this transformational refit in order to retain and build upon all of the original BV specifications both in the hull and elsewhere throughout the specification. This continuity lends confidence and validity to the new updated design concept.
The hull construction is cored fiberglass with gelcoat that is painted high gloss white (currently using an Alexseal paint system).
- Engines: 2 x 1450hp Detroit 16V92TI (Port 1582 hrs SMOH, Stb 1550 hrs SMOH – as of Jan 2022)
- Reduction Gears: 2 x Twin Disc M-DD273EV 2.556:1
- Propulsion: Propellers are 4 bladed and are 42“ diameter with 38” Pitch.
- Stabilizers: Naiad fixed fin with upgraded 7100 series Digital Datum control. Fin surface Area 9ft².
- Steering: Kobelt 7000 series digital over hydraulic steering, tiller actuated system with tie bar. Hydraulic system has two motor driven pumps. The hydraulic cylinders can be operated manually by using the emergency arrangement in the control room.
- Bow-thruster: Wesmar 50hp with hydraulic drive system. Input power on thruster is from PTO’s mounted on both generators.
- Fuel Treatment: 2 X Triple Racor 2020sm on main engines, 2 x Single Racor on generators
- HVAC system: Cruisair 230,000 BTU multistage system with electronic controls and fresh air makeup. System incorporates over 30 inline fans to ensure quiet operation and treated fresh air exchange.
Electric Immersion heater for colder climates allows boat to eliminate moisture and heat boat using hvac system when required.
- Watermaker: Sea Recovery Aqua-Whisper 1,800 GPD (6,813 litres).
- Fresh Water Pumps: 2 X Headhunter Mach 5
- Hot water: 2 X 40 Gallon (150 litres) 1X15 Gallon AC heaters all on loop with recirculating pump.
- Sewage Treatment Plant: Hamman Mini HL Cont 686 GPD (2,600 litres)
- Windlass: Muir 4500 hydraulic windlass paired with two 250lb “Pool” anchors and 330’ of 5/8” galvanized anchor chain in anchor pockets.
Black water 340 g
Grey water 342 g
ENCORE has been fitted with a Control4 AV system using a central 4 terabyte movie server alongside HD PVR’s, Blu-ray system and dual Apple TV units providing all televisions with access to Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD, ITunes and any IP Source, i.e. Netflix. All areas have further access to the audio system with iTunes, IPod dock, CD, or digital music source from the hard drive system. All interior areas are using the Triad mini speakers. Hard drive holds 1000+ DVDs etc.
- Samsung 55” D7000 on a vertical lift
- Portable Touchscreen control
- Panasonic 55” 55WT50 LED HDTV on wall mount
- Samsung 64” LCD television on a vertical lift
- Panasonic 47” 47WT50 LED HDTV on wall mount
VIP Stateroom, Guest Cabins and Aft Deck
- LG 32” 32LS3500 LED HDTV on wall mount
- LG 24” LED HDTV
- 1 x SIMRAD EG50 406 EPIRB
- 1 x Kidde NOVEC engine room fire suppression system
- 1 x Carbon Dioxide Extinguishers – 5lb
- 1 x Carbon Dioxide Extinguisher – 10lb
- 15 x 10bc Dry Powder Extinguishers
- 6 x Rocket Parachute Flares
- 1 x Orion Smoke Canister
- 4 x Sea Water Fire Hydrants
- 1 x Lifebuoys with Buoyant Life Lines
- 1x Lifebuoys with Light Signals
- 1 x Regular Lifebuoys
- 9 x Children PFD Life Jacket
- 11 x Inflatable Life Jacket
- 7 x Adult Solas type 1 Life Jacket
- 2 x Fireman Axe with Insulated Handle
- 2 x 16 Man Zodiac Liferafts (Hydrostatic Release) SOLAS Approved
- 1 x Comet Line-Throwing Appliance
- 2 x Fire Blankets
- 1 x Ships First Aid Kit
- 2 x Field First Aid Kit
- 7 x Immersion Suits
- 1 x Buell Dual Air Horn
Boarding Equipment: Tracy International self-leveling sea stairs. Mounting brackets on port and starboard sides.
Davit: 2500 pound capacity
Completed and passed all stability testing.
Owner’s personal effects. All items not specifically listed on this listing sheet.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.