Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Ford
- Model: Lehman 2722E Super 90
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 90hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze
- Year: 1984
The Spindrift 46 was built at the Formosa Boat Building Company between 1980 and 1984 utilizing the Formosa 46 molds that were based on Doug Peterson’s design for the Kelly Peterson 46. Ron Hillier of Brisbane, Australia oversaw the building of these yachts that were imported as the Spindrift 46 in the United States and the Hillier/Peterson 46 in Australia. Formosa Yachts was a contract yard, and Hillier’s expertise was in selecting the very best contractors available to complete the vessel’s construction. This resulted in the Spindrift 46 earning a reputation of being far superior to the Formosa 46, and built to much higher yacht standards.
Luna Sea is an excellent example of this classic blue water cutter and she is ready to take your family on a new cruising adventure.
The current owner has lived aboard and cruised the vessel on the West Coast for several years, but now has a change of plans, making this rare vessel available to you. This two-stateroom, two-head, center cockpit performance cruiser has full electronics and lots of cruising equipment to begin your journey. Please take a moment to view the full specifications overview below.
The cockpit features a full canvas/isinglass enclosure that serves as a "deck salon". The companionway to the salon is forward and a companionway leading to the aft stateroom is aft. Upon entering the salon from the forward companionway, the U shaped galley is to port and the forward facing navigation station is to starboard. There is a large U shaped dinette forward on port and a centerline dining table. Opposite on starboard is a long settee and flat screen TV mounted on the bulkhead. Forward is the V berth stateroom with en-suite head and shower. There is also access to the large chain locker forward. The owners stateroom aft is accessed by either a passageway on starboard aft of the nav station or the separate companionway in the cockpit. The aft stateroom features an offset king berth and en-suite head and shower forward to port.
Here are some additional features worth noting:
Beam: 12 ft 10 in
Fuel capacity: 130 gal
Max draft: 6 ft 6 in
Length at waterline: 39 ft 7 in
Length overall:: 45 ft 10 in
Holding tank capacity: 30 gal in 2 - 15 gal tanks
Water capacity: 170 gal in 2 - 85 gal tanks
Fuel capacity: 130 gal in 2 - 65 gal tanks
Engine year/make/model: 1984 Ford Lehman S90
- Starting in the forepeak, the chain locker is forward followed by the
- Forward guest cabin, which features a double berth with en suite head and shower to port.
- Across from the head are a cedar lined hanging locker and storage lockers.
- Next aft is the salon with 2 6'8" settees, with 8 6-volt house batteries beneath starboard settee and the engine start battery under the port settee..
- The salon is graced by a centerline teak table that seats six comfortably; book shelves above each settee, and Dickinson diesel heater mounted on forward port bulkhead.
- The spacious yet compact aft galley is to port of the companionway.
- Across from the galley to starboard of the companionway is the navigation station with seat.
- A walk-through from the nav station to the aft cabin provides access to the centerline engine room and quarter berth.
- The aft cabin has its own companionway and features an offset king berth, a dressing seat, lots of storage and an en suite head and shower with overboard pumpout.
- The interior is appointed throughout in solid teak with teak and holly cabin soles.
- Excellent ventilation is provided via 15 Newfound Metals SS ports and 5 ceiling vents (3 with dorades), 3 deck hatches and two companionway hatches.
- Galley is to port as you enter the main companionway hatch
- U-shaped layout allows the cook to be safely out of the way and have maximum workspace
- Corian countertops installed by current owner enhance the galley's beauty and functionality
- Current owner improved the galley layout by placing the sink & water faucets in the forward side of the U, and placing the fridge/freezer area in the aft side of the U, allowing for a larger fridge/freezer area.
- Countertop and side opening refrigeration
- Force 10 4-burner gimbaled propane galley range with oven
- Double stainless sinks with hot & cold pressure water supply
- Raymarine Chart plotter with 24 mile Radar at Helm
- VHF Radio
- SSB Radio
- Brass Ship's Clock and Barometer
- Flat Screen TV with Antenna
- 8 Trojan 105 6-volt wet cell batteries for house bank
- 1 Group 27 12-volt battery for engine start battery
- Freedom 25 inverter/charger for house bank
- Start battery charges using the engine's alternator or using a portable 110v charger
- 4 solar panels, 360 watt capacity
- NPower 12 volt/30 amp solar charge controller
- Sunforce 12v Wind Turbine
- Water Turbine
- 30 amp Shore Power connector with cord
- 110v AC outlets throughout the boat
- Most of the lighting throughout the boat is LED
- Some halogen lighting
- 4 interior night vision red LED lights
- 1984 Ford Lehman 4 cylinder Freshwater Cooled Diesel Inboard Engine
- 90 hp
- Borg-Warner Transmission
- Refit in 2006 Engine hours unknown
- Current owner added dual Racor filters and new separate engine start battery
- North Sails Stack Pack Mainsail, good, reconditioned 2015
- 130% working jib on roller furler, good, reconditioned 2014 (on headstay now)
- 150% genoa cut for the furler also included
- 2 Staysails, good
- Spinnaker, excellent
- Storm Jib, New
- Storm trysail, New
- Anchor Sail
- 10 sail winches, all are self tailing
- Aluminum keel-stepped double-spreader mast with mast steps
- Cutter rig
- Dodger, Bimini and Full cockpit Enclosure
- Pedestal and winch covers
- Main and Staysail covers; anchor sail
- Custom Heavy-duty S/S dinghy davits/antennae/solar panel arch
- Running, steaming, anchor, spreader and tricolor lights
- Dock lines and 6 fenders
- Bow pulpit & transom rails
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Swim ladder
- Dickinson Propane BBQ
- Tow behind generator
- 10' hypalon inflatable with 5hp Mercury OB
- Honda 1000 generator (gas)
- (2) S/S anchor rollers
- 45-lb CQR anchor with 300' 3/8" chain
- 20-kg Bruce anchor with 50' 3/8 chain & 250' 5/8" nylon rode
- Transom anchor: Fortress Fx37 anchor with 120' nylon web rode
- Sea Anchor & 150 additional rode Anchor Sentinel and buoy & rode
- Lofrense Lioness electric windlass
- Emergency tiller
- Man overboard pole system with radar reflector and light activated by going overboard
- Tag-behind line with intermittent knots give a man overboard more opportunities to grab something
- Horseshoe lifering
- Pull-down ladder allos possibility of overboard person to climb back on board
- 8 man Avon Liferaft (last certified 2013)
- EPIRB McMurdo
- Blipper Radar reflector
- Storm sea anchor with 150' rode
- 5 Fire Extinguishers
- Halon Fire Suppression System in Engine Room
- 2006 HMC Custom mattresses
- 2006 Engine refit
- 2007 All Head plumbing replaced
- 2010 Replaced refrigerator compressor, air cooling system and added water cooling system
- 2010 Replaced Radar with Raymarine
- 2010 Added new engine start battery
- 2010 rewired and fused existing charger/inverter
- 2010 Added NavPod to binnacle and Raymarine chart plotter
- 2012 Replaced EPIRB with new
- 2013 New bottom paint Petit ablative
- 2013 New Dodger/Bimini
- 2013 Installed Mast Steps
- 2013 Added 2 new solar panels and added NPower 12 volt/30 amp solar charge controller
- 2013 Installed SunForce 12 Volt Wind Turbine
- 2014 All 4 Halyards replaced
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.